Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/khuser/public_html/includes/getauthor.php on line 9

Introducing Kingdom Hearts Union 2015 Edition

COMMUNITY By Darryl May 04, 2015 at 2:49pm (EST)

No, your eyes are not deceiving you, Kingdom Hearts Union has indeed had a complete visual and functional revamp! Super exciting, right?! I know I'm pumped to be able to share it with everyone after a few months of blood, sweat and tears.

This is the first major development update to Kingdom Hearts Union since the site launched back in 2009 and it's safe to say it's been warranted.

We mentioned that we were working on a new version of the website at the turn of the year and it's really pleasing to see it come to fruition. It has taken a little bit longer than intended, but that's I guess what happens when you have to try and update yourself on a few years worth of web development. I would add that it's made it all the more satisfying though!

So what's changed?!

Well, for starters all you technical hipsters are in for a treat. I'm also pleased that the site is now fully responsive. It means that if you're viewing it on tablets or mobile devices the experience should be pretty sweet, but if it's not please let me know and I'll try so fix it up!

We also have a new colour palette. The previous site was a kind of bluey, but Kingdom Hearts Union is now rocking an interesting green, blue and orange combination. It sounds strange, but we feel it works!

Along with the visual update, we have also scaled things back a little bit to make the site clearer. The navigation now has key types of content that you can sort by and the "database" has been removed. It's not a huge loss as it only contained a few entries, but we are planning to bring it back!

The podcasts have also been brought onto the site to help give a more consistent experience. You'll be able to listen to them on YouTube, iTunes, Stitcher or Direct via the on-page player - it's entirely up to you!

So what's next?!

Good question. We hope that this is just the start for the site, but it's taken a huge amount of effort just to get this out of the door. You may not believe it, but we have been trying to re-launch Final Fantasy Union for 2-3 years, we've just never made it over the line.

As mentioned, we are planning to bring back the database in comprehensive fashion, but we also have plans to expand our video content. Who knows where this will all take us though, we aren't counting and chickens that's for sure!

p.s. As I'm a little bit rusty when it comes to site launches, if you find any issues please let us know in the comments below and I'll try to sort them out as soon as possible.